Haiku + Senryu

Haiku is a seasonal, reverent celebration of a subject (nature or people) trying to make a feeling.
Senryu tends to have a victim and may be humorous or irreverant trying to make a point.
- paraphrased from Michael Dylan Welch's Graceguts

Saturday 2 March 2013

I feel...I wish...


Young girl in the recent Westernport Festival parade at Hastings on the Mornington Peninsula.
Her naval outfit suggests that she represents someone in her family who is connected to nearby HMAS Cerberus.


I feel a child's gaze
Locked into more than fanfare
I wish I could see


Linking to:
Haiku My Heart Friday
Haiku Friday

Let us not, in the eagerness of our haste to educate, forget all the ends of education.
~ This will hurt me

10 comments:

gma said...

There is love is involved in her gaze and wishes.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic haiku and photo ~ little girl is adorable and does look rather pensive ~ ^_^

Karen said...

What a sweet outfit. I too wonder where that gaze is going.

Anonymous said...

what a pretty little bit of inspiration for some poetry!.

Wabi Sabi said...

Seeing again through the eyes of a child is a rare gift, indeed!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The young child certainly seems to be seeing something that no one else sees!

Someone Passed this Way

J C said...

You have captured a special moment there.

Nonnie said...

love in its purest form when given by a child! I love her outfit, nice haiku

rebecca said...

your words and photograph capture a moment right out of time. i love that. i love that mightily!

Unknown said...

One does rather wish one knew what was in her mind. Love the 'Ku, Gemma. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...